First of all, let us have a brief knowledge of a tank. Tanks are the vital component of the vaping device or vaporizer or rigs. They hold additional vape juice in the inclusive reservoir. They have a coil which fires up and produces vapors. These coils are attached to and held inside the vape tank. This wicks the vape juice from the vape tank and gets heated up to produce vapors.
Primarily the vape tanks are made up of pyrex or glass and metals such as stainless steel and anodized aluminum. The use of plastic is avoided in the vape tanks by the responsible manufacturers. Glass and Pyrex both are compatible with the use of citrus or cinnamon flavors in it. The plastic tank would get broken and would be toxic in nature on heated material in it for a long time.
Types of Vape Tanks:
There are many types of Vape Tanks and they differ to each other in terms of their power levels, kinds of vaping experience and the capacity of vape juice each one can contain. All the types of vape tanks in look wise are quite similar. The following are main types of vape tanks:
Atomizer Tanks are the ones in which vape liquid reservoir fits in the nicely with the machine threads. You either screw them together of press-fit if it is a tube. The refilling or replacement of parts is simple to be performed as the tanks are modular and come apart easily. The o-rings and the rubber seals are the only regular replacement parts which prevent from leakages.
Cartomizers are the newest vape tanks having the options as per their power and capacity to hold the vape liquid. The cotton placed within them is for absorbing all the vape liquid and transferring it to the coil. Here the heat is produced when the battery is initiated.
Sub-Ohm Tanks are almost the same as the standard tanks, only their coils are having lower resistance than 1 ohm. Thus they will cope well with the higher wattages and are good at vapor and flavor production.
- The atomizer heads remain the same as the clearomizers and atomizers it’s only the larger wicking ports which are maintaining the speed of supplying juice to be vaporized. These tanks are also able to cope well with the higher VG liquids.
- These tanks work well with the temperature control coils which are made of nickel, stainless steel or titanium. This can be run along with the temperature control mods to obtain a more regular performance. This will surpass all dry hits and unpleasantness.
- Tanks made of glass with capacity 2 ml to 5 ml of vape juices.
- Has adjustable airflow.
- The drawback of the sub-ohm tanks is that they are compatible with the higher power mods. Has higher startup cost than clearomizer, yet affordable.
Rebuildable Tank Atomizer
- These are refillable reservoirs holding the vape liquid in a glass or a Pyrex cylinder. All around the heating coil inside of a head, cotton is packed up. The replaceable unit of RTA is the head.
- The working parts of a vape tank are – mouthpiece, 510 threads, cylinder, coil, head and wick (normally cotton). The cylinders are metal basins holding the vape juice to be atomized. A rebuildable or replaceable head is inside the cylinder.
- It outdoes in performance when it comes to vapor and flavor production. Also, it minimizes the cost of new coils. It is compatible with almost all devices.
- Particularly in devices of Kanger Subtank, you are offered with compatible rebuilt coils and RBA head. This turns the device into an RTA.
- In the vaping market when anyone says RBAs, RDAs or RTAs, then it refers to Rebuildable Tanks or the Do-It-Yourself Atomizer head.
- Similar to the tanks where you leave a small portion of wick coming out in the main tank section. Thus replenishment of the liquid can be seen. For a few variations – around the bottom of the chamber there are channels cut into the deck that is drawn up in the direction of your wick and coil.
- The main reason opting for RTAs will be – performance like the rebuildable, convenient tank system. Savings are more with these tanks. You will also be able to control your vaping experience. Adjustable airflow. More Convenient than RDAs as you don’t need to drip again and again.
- It is suggested that the beginners remain away from these products. You cannot keep changing your flavors often like in RDAs. A mod is a good choice for these tanks.
Rebuildable Drip Atomizer
Rebuildable Drip Atomizer Or also called as Dripper Tank. They don’t have a tank instead they have a dripper referred to as deck – a platform on which the coil and cotton are placed on. These tanks have the barest of elements needed for creating vapors.
- Some vape tanks offer to drop drips or draw vape juice from the tanks. Consequently, the RDAs are famous in producing the heaviest and the densest vapor or clouds.
- These types of vape tanks are the best choice for those who love to chase the clouds and have been vaping for a little while now. Or are advanced vapers desirous of flavor hits from their vaporizers? The drip decks could have been the best but only if they wouldn’t have the necessity to repeatedly ‘drip’. You have to, again and again, replenish the vape juice in their coils. Thus all the heat goes to provide you a nice singular hit. This hit brings along an AWESOME VAPOR and A WOW FLAVOR.
- You will need to check the resistance of your coil having the basic safety features, thus VV / VW mods are the best.
- The wicks and wire are dirt cheap than the pre-built coils. Very affordable. Almost all tanks have the adjustable airflow. Changing into other flavors is pretty simple and quick. Usage of Kanthal wire is in these tanks.
- But, these tanks are more complicated than the pre-built coils so not very good for the beginners. Has a few leakage challenges. The vaper must have a good understanding of battery safety.
With so many options in the vaping market, one tends to get a little confused to choose the vape tank. For this first analyze its compatibility with the device you are already having. There are many brands which manufacture the parts and accessories which are compatible with their line of devices. There are other companies which manufacture the commonly compatible vape tanks like the 510 threadings type (standard connection for all mods and eGo style connections).
- The next point of analysis is the size. Vape tanks are of many sizes and capacities from 1.6 ml to 6.5 ml and sometimes above it. Larger the capacity larger will be the size of the vape tank. Consider your capacity need for vape juice and your desire for it to be sleek.
- If the liquid reservoir in the vape tanks is 1.6 ml or a little larger, the design of the tanks remains basic with only a larger capacity. Hence you will not require to fill it up as often as in a clearomizer.
- Now, if the tank is 2 ml to 5 ml or more of capacity, the coils are replaceable easily. The vape tanks usually have a bottom coil design.
- Almost all want to have the parts as per their liking. Some may wish to vape on a low wattage while others may wish to vape a large vapor power of the sub ohm or high wattage.
- Vape Tanks are good at individualizing your mods. You can go for a design that is the most appealing to you.
- Vape Tanks permit to control the airflow to your coils. This feature will differentiate between the tight draw and the loose + airy draw. The tight draw is like in traditional cigarettes. At the expense of flavor, the loose airy draw progresses the vapor production. Setting the right airflow to your likings is not an easy task, but working on your options provides tailor-made experiences.
It can be concluded that vape tanks are a BIG CLEAROMIZER. All the types of vape tanks have their own features and benefits. Thus they are capable of performing distinctively and the users are able to enjoy the separate amenities while they are vaping on different vape tanks.
For the enthusiasts and connoisseurs, sub-ohm tanks and the rebuildables are the best.